Google Analytics has recently changed from differentiating a mobile property from a web property to a global property with web and mobile views. Existing mobile properties will have a Mobile View created automatically, while new properties must be created following the steps below.
These steps will help you to create a new property in your Google Analytics account which will create a new path to viewing your Mobile App analytics.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- In the PROPERTY column, select Create new property from the dropdown menu.
- Select Website.
- Provide a Website Name. You may use the name of your app.
- Provide a Website URL. You may use your company URL or the URL for your app’s marketing site.
- Click Get Tracking ID.
- In the VIEW column, select Create new view from the dropdown menu.
- Select Mobile app.
- Provide a Reporting View Name.
- Click Create View.